May 17, 2005

duties of medical students

labor ward was nearly empty on my duty day… with only 2 patients coming in with os 1cm going for IOL… long wait.. and I joined drs for C-section and bilateral tubal ligation down at the main OT…

when i am back to labor ward, the nurse asked me…

"today your exam?"

"no lar"

"tomorrow?"

"no lar… lama lagi… friday…"

With that I was told about my coursemates who were scolded by dr for just sitting down and not clerking patients and they told dr that they were having exam the next day, which was "hmmmmn… not true"

Practical and readings, does one really have to weigh more to reading and skipped our clinical practice - ward & clinic responsibilities to ace the exam? doesn’t practicality helps in exams? I wonder…

I see Masters students also grunting for leave before their exam… and one of the MO actually commented that USM master’s students actually had a whole month off from their clinical duties for their exam, and they had full 100% passes most of the times…

No comments: