Jul 5, 2005

hidden sparkle of pearl

Can you hear wolf cried to the blue corn moon?

or ask the grinning bobcat why she grinned?

Can u sing with all the voices of the mountain?

Can u paint with all the colours of the wind?

This was the view from one of the hills at Ayer Putih(white water), Balik Pulau. Being the ‘X-generation’, my life was being too preoccupied by Ayer Itam (black water as opposed to Ayer Putih) and all the other busier faces of Penang island that I had totally neglected this part of the pearl of orient.

Lkp_070305_023

I still remember vividly how my coursemates and I was awed by the shadows of the clouds fallen nicely on top the hill in front of our hostel in Hua Lien, Taiwan. I thought I would never ever again have this amazing sight on local soil. I was wrong and there it was, this amazing view smiling naively at me.

To all penangites, more precise, to all penang islanders… it is time we get to know penang, the WHOLE of the pearl….

not just the clubs n cafe at pulau tikus…

not just the sidewalks of gurney drive…

not just the beaches of batu ferringghi…

not just the penang laksa of ayer itam market…

not just the durians and rambutans of balik pulau…

not just the char koay teow of lorong selamat…

P.S. next time, one wanted to hike up… do ask me to tag along, ya?

No comments: