Oct 26, 2005

To blog or not to blog, that is not the question…

Trace of pilocarpine:

Just finished liaison geriatric psychiatric ward round with Dr. Esther, an excellent geriatric psychiatrist and her sidekick for the moment, Dr. Sharan (yes, Sharan, not Sharon, no Freudian slip here). Seen lots of old patients and the sad effects of the inevitable aging. I suddenly missed my parents very much. But I told myself, "Friday, I’m going back to Penang. I shall hug my parents dearly. For once, let me have the courage to adopt this western value."

I am not sure, but I hope I am not addicted to blogging. One thing for sure - someone dearest to me made an official complaint about it, and my juniors, the phase 3As made a smirky remarks about it and the rest of the world just go pissed because "Kah Pin has updated his blog" kept coming up into their mailbox. I forward my apology if this had became a stressor for you - you can turn them off, you know…

I think blogging is a good way to vent off anger, which I did once a while, just like what other blogs did most of the time. Other than that, most of the time, I just want to share with my thoughts. Subconsciously, there are probably 1001 reasons why I blog - shall sleep on it tonight.

Here’s something to ponder upon:

"First, blogging improves the quality of debate. For instance, an article in the Washington Post, ‘The Rise of a Market Mentality Means Many Go Hungry in Niger’ in August 2005, drew furious responses from bloggers. That’s nothing new, of course: people have always read newspaper articles and grumbled to their spouses over the breakfast table. The difference is that now commentators can find each other, track the debate, air their differences and discover more about the facts behind the story. Blogging technology makes it easy to collect comments and see who is citing your ideas. Readers are able to chase the debate across the internet at the click of the mouse, and contribute to it themselves - no matter if they are a CEO in New York or a student in a Nairobi internet café. Meanwhile, new research and opinion-forming analysis is quickly disseminated and discussed - and the number of new blogs is doubling every five months or so."

No comments: