Apr 15, 2010

april fool | postmortem

I used to be a prankster.



At times, people couldn't really tell whether I'm joking or just plain serious.

Now retired. More of tired, i guess.

Tired of getting others irritated.



At times, people just couldn't take it and thus, distance away - which is not a bad thing, considering it is less stuffy, global warming and all.

Kedah is damn hot this few days. It's like a giant sauna, giant FREE sauna. Tempting? Not?

Keeps those without a good sense of humor away.

I always believe a healer should have a good sense of humor.
Dr. William Osler, the great physician couldn't have agreed more.

0904 nicu by you.

Last year, it was an easy task as I began my 1 month attachment in NICU. I managed to deceive (and probably shock) a few nurses or HOs that I was switching to the Paed squad.

Toned down this year because just too busy to play pranks on anyone, except for my dearest who chose to have her modified glucose test done on that day.

I fooled her into believing that she tested positive with a pretty high reading even on fasting itself.



She was actually looking forward in a semi-depressive state to be the giant pin-cushion for regular blood sugar profile.

I wasn't at the end of any pranks, except perhaps for an incidental one, thanks to Dr. K.
He was afraid that I was furious when I told him 'Thanks for the April Fool joke".
He doesn't know me well enough.

Going through the net, I found lots of interesting pranks, absolutely creative and funny.

I found one which is O&G-related, that probably should have brought it up with Dr. Irza, who kept egging me to get myself an I-phone which I doubt I will be needing anytime soon.

It is known as I-Peed (aptly named) for home pregnancy test of I-phone application.
Pink or Blue? One Line or Two? Cup or stream? What woman hasn’t spent countless hours sweating it out over an innocuous white plastic stick otherwise known as a home pregnancy test (whether trying to conceive or not). Not to mention the small fortune spent on multiple drug store trips to buy more tests (just in case the first one was wrong). Even the cheap dollar store tests add up pretty quickly after a few months of trying to conceive.

With the recent launch of iPeed, those high costs and frequent pharmacy trips are a thing of the past, as the new home pregnancy test iphone application offers 99% accuracy 2 days before your first missed period. Created by a pharmacist mom and her computer developer husband, the iPeed is hoping to revolutionize the $50 million-dollar-a-year home pregnancy test market. And at $2.99 a download for unlimited use, it may do just that

After downloading the application, you simply aim your urine stream at the bullseye in the center of the screen. A complex algorithm analyzes the level of HCG (pregnancy hormone) in your urine. Sensitivity is > 12.5 mIU/mL, comparable to most tests available at the supermarket. If the test is positive, an image of a cooing baby appears (above, right). If the test is negative, an image of a martini appears.

If things go as planned, your future pharmacy trips may be limited to diapers and formula. Or vodka.


I wonder whether I-phone is water-resistant...

No comments: