Aug 18, 2010

Limp, phew, luckily it's the leg

I wasn't the brightest futsaller around.
Probably would be the worst around in an average crowd.
Yet, I still join the game for the sheer love for a decent exercise that won't bonk me down with boredom like jogging etc.

Warmed up for few minutes. Something that I don't usually do.

Then, I went all out. Hopefully to sweat it all out.

As the ball lobbed across the field, I turned around swiftly and WHAAM!

I could felt as if Thor whipped a bolt onto my bottom end of my Achilles' tendon. It felt like a strong kick by the strongest defender on the field.

The ball felt pathetically away from my reach, and probably my teammates was thinking bout how pathetic I am.

I turned around. No one was there. For a split second, I don't believe that ghosts are that much into futsal. But then again, I could be wrong.

I tried to take few steps but can't.

The pain persisted. Numb from mid-calf downwards. I had pulled my calf, and I had to limp away.

Inflammed achilles tendon


It dawned on me.

It wasn't the futsal-loving ghost or demon of the 7th lunar month, but instead it was aging and the excess weight gain that creep up on me and decided to give me a nice WHACK on the Achilles' tendon.

Now its rest. wait. avoid heavy legwork.

Get a better shoe. Longer and proper warm-up before any exercise.

No comments: