Jun 15, 2011

a memorable gastritic attack

when work and busy schedule being prioritized, often health has to take the backseat.

with background of flu and sinusitis, i went to work today, knowing clinic load will be heavier today not because of the number of patients, but rather it was purely because of three main reasons. Firstly, the main sonographer nurse was on leave still. Next, the pathological lacking of aptitude and attitude in junior medical officers in handling and learning up management of gynaecological problems. Lastly, the uncontrolled appalling receding participation of many level of staffs (although, not all) in our department to make sure clinic finishes.

Sad, but true. The clinic ended at 220pm, through the lunch hour, without any breaks. Had junior doctors following me, like ducklings following motherduck. Had them lining up outside the door like i was running a circus or something. Had to re-re-reconfirm the review and findings of junior doctors. Nurses bugged me to perform procedures and ultrasound.

As I got in to my car, the sharp pain struck me right on the epigastric area - a vague sense of displeasure that I had felt before.

when work and busy schedule being prioritized, often health has to take the backseat.

although my primo supremo granted me rest, but it was something that came too little too late. It was something that is preventable at all level and the unrelenting effort to face this problem had my respect totally out the window.

No comments: