Jun 22, 2012

ak-choo-uh-lee disease


' actually (adv.)'
early 15c., "in fact, in reality" (as opposed to in possibility), from actual + -ly (2). Meaning "actively, vigorously" is from mid-15c.; that of "at this time, at present" is from 1660s. As an intensive added to a statement and suggesting "as a matter of fact, really, in truth" it is attested from 1762
No, I did not discover a new disease, just an observation. 
I coined it as the Actually disease, pronounced as ak-choo-uh-lee.
Nothing to do with Choo or Lee.

This disease had been very rampant, especially in my hospy.
I was wondering whether this disease already became epidemic or endemic.
I caught this disease at some point of time and realizing it, I am trying my best to recover.

I shall not go into comical mode and write snappy stuff trying to literally describe the disease as some valid scientific disease.

Here's how I discover the disease.
It is pretty rampant among house officers.

There was a time when 8 out 10 house officers will start every patient presentation by starting with..
"actually,this is a 33 years old Malay lady Para 5 bla bla bla"
"actually,the potassium is 3.3..."
"actually,I'm a first posting house officer."


Which doesn't really make sense and so my reply was
"Actually,this is a 33 years old Malay lady Para 5 bla bla bla"
so, she was a guy/chinese previously?!? 
"Actually,the potassium is 3.3..."
o, actually, so what was the initial misguided level of potassium? 
"I wanna introduce myself. Actually,I'm a first posting house officer."
Oo, I thought you're a superhero initially. Err. Never mind.

So, you see, actually this is not something new.

Do you see a lot of people around you with Actually disease?


No comments: