Oct 10, 2012

Abbreviated intelligence

This conversation just made my day.

A junior doctor was presenting about a surgery that he did not even bothered to check as he copy and paste whole thing into the PowerPoint presentation. I think he trusted technology too much or he's just conserving his own brainpower.

There he was presenting about the 27years old patient with PMB who had underwent hysteroscopic. PMB, a well-known abbreviation for post menopausal bleeding.

My very attentive colleague (unlike me- half asleep because having toasted brain as clinic stretched to 130pm) quickly raised the question of the day. It was probably question of the year.

"What is PMB?"

"Post menopausal bleeding" presenter rebutted.

"You mean a 27years old is having POSTMENOPAUSAL bleeding?" (capital letters for deepening of tone to stress the word, and not shouting)

The presenter answered confidently with a smirk.

"Then, it is Pre Menopausal Bleeding!"

I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

P.S. Here is the list of the approved abbreviations by our lovely Ministry.

No comments: