Jun 2, 2006

leonardo's code


Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
--Matthew 26


i'm proud glad sincere to say that i haven't read the book or seen the movie yet. not because i'm a christian. fyi, i'm a buddhist.

the closest encounter that i had gone with this code is when i borrowed the book and left it in my room near the exam season during my paed posting. the book was borrowed from my uni's medical library. I read only the first page and surprisingly i was not hook on to the book (my friend described this phenomenon as peculiar, unlikely). I think it would be much more peculiar if I am more hook on to this book than Nelson's paediatric textbook at that time. Anyway, another reason for abandoning this book is because Lau Pan CKC came into my room one day and took that book away, repeatedly scolded that book in front of me. Yes, he is a Christian, just got married, running a successful DXN direct selling business even as a student. I trusted him that it's a bad book and it ended up in library the next day and somehow i did not see it appearing anywhere in the library again. I think this is a hot book. Triple red spot. I guess.

The closest I got to its movie is when I am going to movie with my dad and my sis. I opted for it, but somehow my sis and dad prefer packed action film without any intrigueing conspiracy. And so, MI:3 got 2 votes compared to my lousy 1 vote.

Ok. first thing first. Da Vinci wasn't Leo's surname. 'Da vinci' meant 'from vinci', but it just ain't cool calling it Leonardo's Code. this is learnt from a column from the Star newspaper.

Beside the above, there were pretty lot of lessons to be learnt from Da Vinci Code that one should discover is

1 from the advertising point of view, this book by creating controversies and conflict with the worldly religion, it had set up free advertising, waiving almost billions and billions and billions and billions and billions dollars of advertising fee. there's even a good song for it.

2 beside promoting the book and the story, it also in retaliation from christian all over the world, it had made christianity a stronger and more sought-after religion. People from other religion also indulge in the truth in bible, and those christian of whom barely goes over the bible once a year shall flipped more pages of bible from now on. Christians all over the world also had shown a perfect example that christianity is a peaceful religion, an intellectual religion, a wise religion, by flooding the mind of fools with real facts, and not merely going around burning books, slapping people, creating riot, starting inferno in other countries' embassy or firing the editor of a local newspapers company in sarawak. Go figure.

3 it had also enlighten up people on the appreciation of art and the understanding of behind it. Let's Mona Lisa be a fine beginning. Btw, quiz from ern huei to me: Is Mona Lisa a painting of a girl or a boy? Answer, see below

4 as beautiful as it was written by Mr.DB and so truthful as it seems to be, there were plenty of lies and fakes. Therefore, it teaches one to seek the truth and never believe everything that you read (especially a cheap blog like mine, haha), even the most intelligent book that been passed down from the most intelligent being. That is the spirit of what buddhism taught - the spirit of kalama sutta. Lord Buddha had never asked anyone to swallow down everything that he taught, but instead listen with a pinch of salt, practice it, then see and experience the result.

5 again i repeat, like it or lump it, one will create yet another free publicity for it like what this entry does. what can i say DB is a smart devil, don't you agree?

Ans: mona lisa is both an artistic combination of both mone (a guy) and lisa (duh, a girl lar).

No comments: